Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blast Off - Paper Plate Alien Spaceships



I wanted to start off our Space Unit with something fun and simple, but would grab everyone's attention and this definitely did the trick.


Such an easy craft to put together. I simply picked up a couple of different sized packs of paper plates and bowls from the supermarket. Layed out paints and an array of collage items and let the kids go at it.


Whilst they created we listened to a couple of audio stories and I read some of our introductory space themed picture books (I'll try to review those down the track).


After the paint and glue dried, we pushed a hole through what would become the top of the spaceship and threaded in a long piece of fishing line.


We decided the easiest and quickest way to attach the bottom was to staple the pieces together on the smaller ships and to sticky tape the odd shaped ones, like this one above here.



They look super groovy flying through our little universe in the corner of our room. Plus it has certainly sparked the kids curiosity, they've done nothing but talk space since we began!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Our family is going to have to make these. I love the aliens on the wall!

Sara said...

Haha this is cool, as my boys say! I gotta try this when we're starting!

Ticia said...

I love it! My kids would have so much fun with this.

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs